Bonneville High Cross Country 2013
Varsity Letter Requirements
· Complete the entire season in good standing.
· Show good sportsmanship at all meets and practices.
· Maintain good grades, attendance, and citizenship in every class.
· Earn a total of 100 or more points from the index below.
· 1 point for each day of running 3+ miles between May 27th and August 3rd..
· Mileage must be written on calendar and reported weekly!
· Running while on vacation or on your own WILL count if logged.
· If you come to practice each time, starting June 4th, you have a chance to earn 38 points. That’s 4 days a week of running for 9 weeks.
· There is a maximum of 60 points available between May 27h and Aug 3rd.
500/1000 Mile Club
· Run 500/1000 miles between May 27th- Oct 23rd (21.5 weeks)
· Varsity status not required. Open to everyone!
· Must keep track of miles (team calendar and/or garmin website) and report weekly
· You will earn a gold “500”/ “1000” pin
· 2 opportunities a year to earn.
· 500 mile club is worth 25 points but must be earned by the STATE meet.
· If dishonesty is suspected and verified, then no miles will be accepted for the pin or varsity letter points.
· Top 14 earn points in reverse. 1st man in gets 14 points, 14th man in gets 1 point.
· Dual meets are worth full value. City County and Invitationals are worth 1.5 the value. Region and State are worth 2 times the value.
· An overall win is worth 10,15,20 additional points respectively
· 2nd-5th overall is 7.5,12.5,17.5 additional points.
· 6th-10th overall is 5,7.5,10 additional points (10th-20th in a big invite is 5 points)
· In dual meets, finishing in front of opponents top 5 is 5 points.
· IF VARSITY SQUAD IS PULLED OUT OF A MEET THEN THE POINTS WILL BE AWARDED TO THE FIRST JV STARTING WITH 7.